At Montefiore, we believe the most important discoveries always start with a question: What if? How about? Why? Curiosity is the key to advancing the science of medicine. We ask these questions in the form of research and, in doing so, endeavor to make groundbreaking and innovative findings that translate to innovative, cutting-edge care. To learn more about our published and ongoing research, read more below.
What if doctors could better predict whether benign bone tumors will grow or remain unchanged?
What if we could repair an adolescent’s cartilage defect using their own cells?
What is the best type of anesthesia for elderly patients undergoing hip fracture surgery?
What if surgeons-in-training could learn, improve and refine technical surgical skills before even entering the operating room?
What is the best way to treat Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease of the hip?
What if radiographs were only used when we needed them?
How should we approach shoulder injury treatments with today’s rise in obesity rates?
What if we could prevent or delay the onset of hip arthritis in adolescents and young adults?
Vol 3: Montefiore Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine & Surgery
Volume 3, Number 1, September 2019 — The Montefiore Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine and Surgery is focused on the exploration of topics imperative to the diagnoses, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions. To that end, our peer-reviewed journal endeavors to publish current clinical and basic science articles, as well as review articles and case reports relevant to its field. As the official publication of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Montefiore Medical Center, and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, the journal is dedicated to both patient care and postgraduate medical education.
- A Message from the Editor-in-Chief
- A Curriculum for Teaching the Foundation Tool Skills to First-Year Orthopaedic Surgery Residents
- Follow-Up and Functional Outcomes of Pediatric Patients with Gunshot Wounds to the Extremities
- Characterization and Distribution of Vertebral Hemangiomas Including a Novel Geographic Map
- Does Neurologic Level in Pediatric Patients with Myelodysplasia Affect Body Fat?
- Predictors of the Need for Secondary Surgery Following In Situ Pinning for Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis
- Montefiore Comprehensive Model of Care for Elderly Patients with Hip Fractures
- Intrathecal Migration of a Broken Posterior Spinal Rod: A Case Report
- A Demonstration of Physician-Generated Health Care Costs in an Initial Orthopaedic Visit
- Approach-Based Complications of Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Intraoperative Knee Hyperflexion During Total Knee Arthroplasty May Reduce Postoperative Blood Loss
- Proximal Femur Ewing Sarcoma in the Skeletally Immature: A Case Report and Literature Review
Do racial disparities exist in a spine surgery practice that serves a predominately minority population? Outcomes of transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion
Harrison A. Volaski; Zachary T. Sharfman; Priyam Shah; Ananth Eleswarapu; David S. Geller; Jonathan Krystal
Percutaneous Screw Stabilization of Non-Periacetabular Pelvic Lesions Caused by Metastatic Cancer and Multiple Myeloma
Rui Yang; Swapnil Singh; Alessandra Falk; Jichuan Wang; Beverly Thornhill; Jana Fox; Milan Sen; Bang Hoang; David S. Geller
Lumbar Erector Spinae Plane Block for Total Hip Arthroplasty Comparing 24-Hour Opioid Requirements
Dahlia Townsend; Nasir Siddique; Atsumi Kimura; Yaacov Chein; Eli Kamara; John Pope; Mitchell Weiser; Singh Nair; Iyabo Muse
Prophylactic Antibiotic Regimens In Tumor Surgery (PARITY)
Patricia Schneider; Diane Heels-Ansdell; Lehana Thabane; Michelle Ghert; Michelle Ghert; Mohit Bhandari; Benjamin Deheshi; Gordon Guyatt; Ginger Holt; Timothy O’Shea; R. Lor Randall; Roberto Vélez; Jay Wunder; Victoria Giglio; Paula McKay; Sheila Sprague; Lisa Buckingham; Peter Rose; Brian Brigman; Eleanor Pullenayegum; Robert Turcotte; David Wilson; Peter Ferguson; Krista Goulding; Joel Werier; Hesham Abdelbary; Paul Clarkson; Marc Isler; Sophie Mottard; Norbert Dion; Annie Arteau; Jennifer Halpern; Herbert Schwartz; Megan Anderson; Mark Gebhardt; Kevin Jones; John Healey; Marcos Galli Serra; Mark Clayer; Adam Lindsay; Tessa Balach; John Abraham; Scot Brown; Benjamin Miller; Edward Cheng; Thomas Scharschmidt; Joel Mayerson; Nickolas Reimer; David Geller; Bang Hoang
Variability in the reported surgical techniques and methods for intercalary reconstruction following tumor resection
Elif Ugur; Harrison Volaski; Rui Yang; Bang Hoang; Nicole Levine; Swapnil Singh; Jichuan Wang; David Geller
New Patient Appointments
Seeing us is easy. Simply fill out our online form, and we’ll contact you within 24 hours to schedule an appointment within the next seven days.Request an appointment
Montefiore embraces a collaborative approach. If you have a patient who could benefit from our services, please reach out.Refer a patient
Have any general questions or concerns? Contact us by phone or email.